Sunday, July 3, 2011

4 Ingredients, Quick and Easy

My Italian is hanging out again. And so is my laziness. And my desire to get dinner on the table quickly. And my it's two days before payday and my fridge is empty, what am I going to feed the kids? This recipe is perfect because it's easy, quick, filling, and inexpensive.

4 Ingredient Pasta Cassarole

A box of Pasta (1 lb) - I tend to use rotini, but use what ya got.
A can or jar of spaghetti sauce (onion and garlic tends to work best, but again, use what you have on hand.)
A packet of Italian dressing mix
Enough mozzarella cheese to cover a 13x9 dish to the thickness you like. (Generally 1 to 1 1/2 cups, but you can use less.)

1. Cook the pasta. Drain.
2. Mix sauce and dressing mix together. Add pasta.
3. Place in a 13x9 baking dish and cover with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted and pasta is heated.

No comments:

Post a Comment