Friday, February 4, 2011

Amira's Amazings Salsa

I know it's not a meal or even a side, but it is superb and if you are anything resembling a salsa fanatic like my husband and I, you're going to love it.


Ingredients:

1/2 cup onion
3 T fresh or canned (but not pickled) diced jalapeƱo
28 oz diced tomatoes with chilies
28 oz whole, peeled tomatoes, diced
1 1/2 t garlic salt
1 tsp cumin
1/2 t sugar

Mix together in a large bowl. This makes a fairly chunky salsa. For a smoother one, use a hand blender, food chopper, or blender. To give it more of a bite, add onion. To increase or reduce the heat, adjust the cumin. My husband only wants the chunk and hates any liquid, so I drain everything in a colander before using it. It's a versatile salsa that you can easily make your own with the addition of tomato sauce, cilantro, corn, or other additives.

No comments:

Post a Comment