Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Grandma's Goulash

My mother made this recipe when I was a child and now I make it for my kids. They're picky eaters, especially when it comes to foods that are "premixed" like casseroles. The saving grace is that they love their grandma. I tagged her name onto the beginning and now they get excited about eating goulash. They've always liked it; they just conveniently forgot that fact. But now, they eat it no questions asked.

Ingredients

1 lb hamburger
1 small onion, chopped
2 (14 1/2 oz) cans whole tomatoes with juice, chopped
1 cup large macaroni noodles
1 T basil
1/2 cup frozen peas

1. Brown hamburger and onion (in your small micro cooker or a large skillet), drain. In a
large skillet mix hamburger, tomatoes, tomato juice, macaroni noodles and basil.
2. Simmer, covered, approx. 30 minutes. Add peas and heat an additional 5 minutes. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment