Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Heather's Enchilada Casserole

My friend Heather makes this super easy and filling enchilada casserole for her daycare kids. I was stunned when she told me my kids loved it. She was kind enough to pass it on to me and I'm going to pass the favor on to you. Enjoy!

2 lbs ground beef
2 t onion flakes (or small-med onion, chopped)
1 can enchilada sauce (red)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
4 oz cheddar cheese
4 oz mozzarella cheese
1 package of tortillas (she used corn, I use fajita size flour)

1. Brown ground beef with onion flakes. Drain.
2. Add enchilada sauce, chicken soup, and tomato sauce to beef. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, tear up tortillas and cover bottom of greased 13x9 pan.
4. Put 1/2 of meat mixture on top of tortillas. Cover with 1/2 of each kind of cheese. Repeat all layers.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment